Patagonian Mara

Bing Free Images

Hey guys, so today my post will be about a Patagonian Mara. I honestly don’t know how to pronounce some of these animals so I hope you guys can understand better than me. Hope you enjoy.

This animal is like a cross between a deer and a rabbit or any other hoofed animals of that matter. It has long front legs, large ears, and long backs that work great for hopping around. It has a rounded snout which is closely related to a kangaroo’s head. They have an underbelly, snout, and eyelids which are covered in white. These also live up to about 14 years of age.

They live in large grassland areas and can be found across significant expanses of Patagonia region. They travel in pairs and cover a territory of around 242 acres on average. The male is very protective of his partner. The mating season often occurs between August and January. WIth the habitat is relies on the grass and grass-like plants for a primary food source.

Today they face a lot of threats about population. A number in factors have contributed to its reduced habitat range; most of these factors have primarily been caused by human activity. They also have fur which is valued by humans for household items and etc. Since people have wanted their fur their population had a big decrease. Since these exist and people keep doing them in some regions the Patagonian Mara is extinct.

Click here to find more information and click here to watch a video about this animal.

I hope you guys enjoyed! Please tell me more animals that most of the world doesn’t know about.